Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Inauguration!


Great night in DC tonight!
Worked my bar in Friendship Heights, Washington, DC.
We had a live band, (actually, very good!).
A dance floor was put in, and was used by inauguration people.
Thought I would have a hard time parking at the metro parking lot mid-afternoon, but got a parking place very easy. Lot of people were leaving early, I guess.
Got to work very easy.
Crowd at work was very festive. Everyone decked-out.
Some people at my bar had just returned from the inauguration ceremony. They were very ecstatic about being in DC for the ceremony. Now I wish I would have been there!
A very historic day, and to have been there, something to always treasure.
Was very proud to have served cocktails to people who were there.
Going home was not the problem the media had anticipated:
overcrowded metro trains, etc.
Boarded the metro train after midnight. The train was crowded, but not overwhelming. You could tell that everyone on board was coming home from the inauguration balls. Men were in tuxes, women were decked out in extravagant gowns.
Funny thing is, half of them were asleep!
Quietest metro train I ever rode!
Normally, metro trains after midnight are very noisy and boisterous.
Especially New Year's Eve.
Will never ride a metro train again on New Year's Eve. Next time I'll drive to work.
Too many drunks!
I just want to sit there in peace and quiet and do my crossword puzzle.
Oh well...
Happy Inauguration!

0 comments:

 

old school cocktails for Ipiet © 2008